Our Intensive Residential Program focuses on:
• Residential Life Fulfillment
• Community Integration
• Behavior Modification & Management
• Health & Safety
The LoveJoy Intensive Residential home settings were established to provide specialized services to adults with who are mentally ill and/ or developmentally disabled. Our Licensed Adult Foster Care Homes are equipped with the finest staff, accommodations and services. We combine independence with personal care in a nurturing, caring and dignified home setting. We build upon the individual’s capacity to engage in activities that will promote community integration and self-determination.
Every aspect of the LoveJoy program is organized to focus on nurturing the spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of our residents while providing support in a non-hospital like environment.
• A furnished room
• Small settings that promote personalized care. All of our homes accommodate no more than 6 residents
• Small staff ratios (ranging from 1 staff to 3 residents to 1 staff to 6 residents).
• 24-hour staffing by trained care attendants to assist with personal care and community living supports
• 3 prepared meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening snack. Special diets are recognized
• Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
• Regular activities that will where residents are taken into the community regularly and in-house activities that focus on coping skills, memory enhancement, and adaptive learning.
• Medication administration and reminders
• Care coordination with medical professionals related to assessed need. This includes coordination of appointments and benefits.
• Development of a person-centered plan specific to identified needs and regular monitoring and assistance in reaching those goals.
• Group and scheduled transportation
• Secured locations with alarms and monitoring
• We have extensive experience in working with residents with significant behavioral issues and cognitive impairments including individuals on the Autism Spectrum and personality disorders.
• Our staff is trained to network with licensed social workers from community mental health agencies to provide unique support to motivate and encourage individuals to become self-sufficient and confident as they journey to reach their personal goals.
• The ability to offer 1:1 staffing for individuals who need heightened supervision
The goals of our Intensive Residential Care (licensed adult foster care programs) are as follows:
• To extend the time people can live in the community within the least restrictive setting as possible
• To support maintaining health and functional capability by promoting healthy living,
• To recognize, honor, and respect each resident’s preferences, choices, and abilities. In this vain, we will help them achieve goals that are reflective of both their needs and wants.
• To provide a community experience where are residents feel safe, loved, and well-cared for
• To use resources used to provide care efficiently and effectively
• Diagnosed developmental disability or mental illness
• Does not require skilled nursing
• Male or female adults, 18 years or older
If you are interested in receiving Intensive Residential Services and want more information on financial assistance that may be available, we would suggest you reach to your local Community Mental Health agency.
Wayne Center: http://waynecenter.org/
Gateway Community Services http://gchi.org/
Community Living Services http://www.comlivserv.com/index.php/en/
Detroit Central City CMH http://www.dcccmh.org/
Lansing, MI Area:
CEI Community Mental Health http://www.ceicmh.org/
Other Community Mental Health Agencies:
Michigan Association of Community Mental Health Boards
St. Clair County Community Mental Health
Ionia County Community Mental Health
Central Michigan Community Mental Health
Ottawa County Community Mental Health